Information for Teachers
Please reserve your transportation as soon as possible.
* Buses should arrive on the Red Rocks Community College - Lakewood Campus between 9:15-9:30 a.m. on May 13.
* The address is 13300 W. 6th Ave., Lakewood.
* Pick-up time is 1:10 p.m.
Bus transportation costs are fully reimbursable. The Festival is a unique learning opportunity and we do not want schools to miss out on this exciting event due to a lack of funding for transportation expenses.
To receive reimbursement for transportation costs, please have the following documents:
2018-19 school year.
- If you and participating teachers from your school are bringing more than 40 students, the students will need to be split up into smaller groups of no more than 35 students with at least two chaperones for every group of students. I will be in touch by March 31 to find out how many student groups you will have.
- If your school will have more than one group of students, there will be a unique water festival schedule for each group. There is a lot going on at the water festival and, unfortunately, you won’t be able to see every presentation or demonstration. We cannot take requests for presentations, but we will do our best to ensure that every class has a variety of presentation topics during the day.
- Everyone will need to bring a lunch. Dining facilities will not be available on campus.
- Schedule your prefestival presentation as soon as possible by visiting http://denverwater.org/EducationOutreach/Speakers/ and completing the form. In the notes section, please mention that this is a prefestival presentation.
- Bring all festival packets and signed photo releases.
- If you encounter any problems getting to the festival, please call/text 720-934-7632.
- Many schools will be arriving at the same time. To ease congestion and to move in a timely manner into festival groups, please have student groups and their chaperones sit together on the bus and make sure they know their bus number before leaving the bus.
- The festival contact teacher should check-in at Teacher Check-in tent near the bus unloading area. If chaperones are not riding a bus, please ask them to meet the group at the lawn near the Teacher Check-in.
- Upon arrival, stay on the bus until you are greeted by a festival volunteer. Volunteers will provide orientation and lead you off the bus.
- Once your school has unloaded from the bus, move away from the unloading area, onto the lawn where you will have time (and space) to organize and take care of any additional materials.\
- Lunches will be collected in boxes for each group. If you have lunch containers, you may bring them. Otherwise, we will have box for each group that will store lunches until the lunch session.
- Departure: All schools are leaving the festival at the same time! Please be sure students and chaperones know their bus number. Everyone will leave session six and head directly to the designated bus loading area.